SAGE & Herbal Cleansing for Purification
…Because Your Home is Your Sanctuary
- Clears Energy!
- Produces Anions
- Neutralizes Environment
- Uplifts Energy of Space
- Use on Home, Self, Objects
- Calming & Peaceful
- Easy & Inexpensive
In The Tradition of Smudging
“Mystics say the Native American practice of smudging, or purifying a room with the smoke of sacred herbs, can help clear negative energy from a space. And the apparent benefits are steeped in science—when burned, sage and other herbs release negative ions, which research has linked to a more positive mood.”1
More importantly, the act of smudging in the home with prayer and/or a blessing, is a beautiful way to establish your home as a personal sanctuary by bringing in the energy of Love, Peace, & Tranquility.
How to Prepare for Smudging
The act of smudging can be a sacred experience and very effective if performed with the energy of Love. That means getting yourself into the energy of Love in order to clear the energy of your home:
- Consider smudging as a Sacred Event.
- House clean & organize the space.
- Remove items not resonating of Love.
- Do NOT go into fear about anything.
- Do NOT go into the idea of protection.
- Do NOT engage in a battle of forces.
- Clear your thoughts & calm your mind.
- Enter your Heart Space, focus on Love.
- Connect with God from your Heart.
- Connect with Earth from your Heart.
- Express your Gratitude for All of Life.
- Focus on the energy of your Heart.
- Allow Love in your Heart to expand.
- Fill the space with Love, Gods Love.
- State your gratitude for the Blessings of God, Love, & Grace which guide you.
- Now you’re ready to smudge your home & stay focused only on the energy of Love in your Heart!
Transformation with Divine Light
The traditional items used in smudging include the herb, an abalone shell, a flame source, feathers, and drums or sacred music. Together, they represent the four elements Earth, Water, Fire, & Air; though the smudging may still be done equally well without the feather & music, as long as you are bringing in the energy of Love.
- Herbs (Sage, Palo Santo, Cedar, Lavender, etc.). Represents the Earth element. When burned, the smoke represents Air element.
- Abalone shell. Used to hold and burn the herbs. Shells represent the Water element.
- Flame source. Initiates the transformation process, and represents the Fire element.
- Feathers.Represents the Air element.
- Drums.Represents the beat of the Heart .
- Sacred music.Inspires Divine Love.
Smudging To Cleanse Your Home
You will need a bundle of sage, a flame source, and something to carry under the sage for catching the ashes as it burns down. Also, there will be a lot of smoke coming from the smoldering sage, so be sure to open your windows for ventilation.
Light the end of your sage bundle, just as you would incense, then gently blow the flame out as it begins to smolder the sage bundle. If the bundle does not begin to smolder, try lighting it again until it does.
Wave the smoke with your hand or a feather, into all corners, across doorways shadows, & stagnant spaces. Maintain ONLY the intention of bringing Love into your home all the while you do this. Once the space is cleared, allow the sage bundle to either burn out or gently press it out in your heat-proof shell or container.